Our Website Address
This website is owned and operated by Curis, Inc. (“Curis”, “we”, “our” or “us”). The materials on our website (the “website” or the “site”) are provided by Curis as a service to our customers, potential customers and the general public, and are to be used for informational purposes only.
For the purpose of applicable data protection laws, the data controller is Curis, Inc., located at 128 Spring Street, Building C – Suite 500, Lexington, MA 02421.
We collect personal information about the following types of individuals: clinical trial participants, patients, patient family members, caregivers or advocates, physicians and other healthcare professionals, clinical trial investigators, researchers, pharmacists, users of the website, job applicants, and other individuals who interact directly with Curis, its service providers, advisors or business partners.
We May Collect:
- Health and medical information (such as medical insurance details, information about physical and mental health conditions and diagnoses, treatments for medical conditions, genetic information, family medical history, and medications an individual may take, including the dosage, timing, and frequency) that we collect in connection with managing clinical trials, conducting research, formulating and administering therapies, providing patient support programs, managing compassionate use and expanded access programs, and tracking adverse event reports
- Personal and business contact information and preferences (such as name, job title and employer name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and emergency contact information)
- Biographical and demographic information (such as date of birth, age, gender, marital status, and information regarding parents or legal guardians)
- Professional credentials, educational and professional history, and institutional affiliations
- Payment-related information we need to pay for professional services, such as consulting, that individuals may provide to us (such as tax identification number and financial account information)
- If you are a health care professional, we collect information about the programs and activities in which you have participated, your prescribing of our products and the agreements you have executed with us
- Your photograph, social media handle or digital or electronic signature
- Publicly available information (such as comments describing support for and experience with Curis products or therapies)
- Other information you provide to us (such as in emails, on phone calls, in market research surveys, or in other correspondence with us, our service providers, advisors or business partners)
How Data Is Collected
We collect personal information:
- Directly from individuals
- Through the website
- From healthcare professionals
- From hospitals, clinics and other healthcare providers
- From contract research organizations and clinical trial investigators
- From government agencies or public records
- From third party service providers, data brokers or business partners
- From industry and patient groups and associations
- From social media or other public forums (including adverse event information and product quality complaints)
How We Share Your Personal Information
We may employ third party companies and individuals to perform services on our behalf, including:
- Contract research organizations that conduct clinical trials
- Data storage and analytics vendors
- Customer service (including our medical information line) and patient support providers (including for product quality and adverse event reporting, patient co-pay assistance, medicine intake adherence programs, etc.)
- Product recall administration
- Technology services and support (including email and web hosting providers, marketing and advertising technology providers, email and text communications providers, mobile app developers)
- Event planning and travel organizations that help facilitate Company programs
- Payment, shipping and fulfillment service providers
Healthcare providers and healthcare professionals and organizations
We may disclose your personal information to partners with whom we jointly develop products or services, in connection with the development and promotion of such products or services. We will ask for your consent before disclosing your information to our business partners where required by applicable law.
We may disclose your personal information to professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Compliance with laws and law enforcement; protection and safety
We may disclose information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as required by law, and disclose and use such information as we believe necessary or appropriate to (a) comply with applicable laws and lawful requests and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities; (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern our website, mobile apps, products and services; (c) protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (d) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
You can read more about cookies and how to recognize them at www.aboutcookies.org.
Cookies perform many functions, such as allowing you to navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving the user experience. They can also help to ensure that advertising that you see online is more relevant to you and your interests.
|Type of cookie||What does it do?|
|Strictly necessary cookies||These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website.|
|Performance cookies||These cookies collect information about how you use our website, for instance which pages you go to most often, and if you receive error messages from certain web pages. These cookies do not collect information that identifies you. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how the website works. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.|
|Functionality cookies||These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your language of choice or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of the web pages that you can customize. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized and they cannot track your browsing activity on websites operated by third parties. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.|
|Targeting or advertising cookies||These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns. They also remember when you have visited the website before. Sometimes we share anonymized information about your browsing activity with our advertising and creative partners. They may use this information to advertise products, which may interest you, on other websites or to assist us to develop future advertising campaigns.|
How you can control cookies
Third Party Websites
Your personal information is stored by us and/or our service providers, strictly to the extent necessary for the performance of our obligations and strictly for the time necessary to achieve the purposes for which the information is collected, in accordance with applicable data protection laws. When we no longer need to use your information, we will remove it from our systems and records and/or take steps to properly pseudonymize it so that you can no longer be identified from it (unless we need to keep your information to comply with legal or regulatory obligations to which we are subject) without additional information.
European data protection laws give you certain rights regarding your personal information. You may ask us to take the following actions in relation to your personal information that we hold:
Access. Provide you with information about our processing of your personal information and give you access to your personal information.
Correct. Update or correct inaccuracies in your personal information.
Delete. Delete your personal information.
Transfer. Transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal information to you or a third party of your choice.
Restrict. Restrict the processing of your personal information.
Object. Object to our reliance on our legitimate interests as the basis of our processing of your personal information.
You can submit these requests by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by leaving a voicemail at +32 (0) 65 55 41 with your contact information included.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your request. If we decline your request, we will tell you why, subject to legal restrictions. If you would like to submit a complaint about our use of your personal information or response to your requests regarding your personal information, you may contact us as described above or submit a complaint to the data protection regulator in your jurisdiction.